In order to carry on the mission and preserve the function and integrity of the ministry of Crosswater Canyon, Inc. (the "ministry"), which operates for the benefit of, and to support the mission and purposes of, Answers in Genesis, Inc. in proclaiming the absolute truth and authority of Scripture, to support the church in fulfilling its commission of taking the gospel to the world, and to provide a biblical role model to the community and society at large, it is imperative that all persons employed by the ministry in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, should agree with and abide by our Statement of Faith and conduct themselves accordingly. As such, all employees and volunteers of the ministry are required to review and be in agreement with the following Statement of Faith, and must acknowledge their agreement in writing.
1. The Trinity. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, all powerful, and eternally existing in a loving unity as a trinity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. (John 10:30, 14:10, 17, 26; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Matthew 28:19; Galatians 4:6; Revelation 5, 12–14).
The Father. We believe God the Father reigns with providential care over His universe, His creatures, and the flow of human history according to the purposes of His grace. (Ephesians 4:6). Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory. He is Father in truth to those who become children of God through faith in Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 1:3–4).
Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God incarnate, fully God and fully man. (John 1:1–3, 10:30). Jesus was conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. (Matthew 1:18–23; Luke 1:35–36). He lived a sinless life, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father. We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only ground for salvation. (1 Corinthians 15:3–8).
The Holy Spirit. We believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. He convicts the world of its guilt. He regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God. He also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service. (John 14:16–17, 26–27; Galatians 4:6).
2. We believe man is the special creation of God. In His own image, He created them male and female as the crowning work of His creation (Genesis 1:26–27), and we are all of one blood. (Acts 17:26). By his free choice man sinned against God and brought sin into the human race, which is the basis for the necessity of salvation. (Romans 5:12, 18–19).
3. We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the divinely inspired and infallible Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the final authority on all matters concerning faith, truth, morality, salvation, and the proper conduct of mankind, and is the supreme authority in everything it teaches. (Hebrews 4:12; 2 Timothy 3:16)
4. We believe salvation is a gift received by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. (Ephesians 2:8–9; Romans 5:6–12). Salvation involves the redemption of man and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for mankind. (Romans 10:9–10). In its broadest sense, salvation includes regeneration, justification, sanctification, and glorification. We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they sinned when tempted by Satan. In union with Adam, human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, alienated from God, and under His wrath. Only through God’s saving work in Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed. God desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Timothy 2:4).
5. We believe that the true church comprises all who have been justified and made righteous by God’s grace through faith alone in Christ alone. We believe the true church is manifest in local churches, and that, wherever possible, local church attendance is a necessary component of Christian living. (Romans 12:4–5; 1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Hebrews 10:25).
6. We believe that God’s justifying grace cannot be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed. (Matthew 22:36–40). With God’s Word, the Spirit’s power, and fervent prayer in Christ’s name, we are to combat the spiritual forces of evil. In obedience to Christ’s commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed. (Matthew 28:19).
7. We believe in the personal and bodily return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, demands constant expectancy and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service and energetic mission. (Matthew 24:36–40, 44; 25:31; Acts 1:9, 11; Hebrews 9:28).
8. We believe that God, in His own time and in His own way, will bring the world to its appropriate end. (1 Corinthians 15:24–26). When Jesus Christ returns, the dead will be raised, and Christ will judge all men in righteousness, assigning the unbeliever to condemnation, and the believer to eternal life, joy and blessedness with the Lord, to the praise of His glorious grace.
9. We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis 1:26–27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person. We believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one’s gender by surgery or appearance.
10. We believe that marriage is the original and foundational institution of human society, established by God as a one-flesh, exclusive covenantal union between one man and one woman as delineated in Scripture. (Genesis 2:18–25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1Corinthians 6:18, 7:2–5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
11. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including but not limited to adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, polyamorism, bestiality, incest, and the use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matthew 15:18–20; 1 Corinthians 6:9–10).
12. We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of the ministry, and to provide a biblical role model to the church, the community, and society at large, it is imperative that all persons employed by the ministry in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this statement on marriage, gender, and sexuality. (Matthew 5:16; Philippians 2:14–16; 1 Thessalonians 5:22).
13. We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19–21; Romans 10:9–10, 1 Corinthians 6:9–11; 1 John 1:9).
14. We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28–31; Luke 6:31). Harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture. To love others we must share with them what God says about marriage and sexuality.
15. We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception (the moment of fertilization) through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Psalm 139).
I have reviewed and understand the statements above, and agree with, and agree to be governed by, all the provisions herein for the duration of my affiliation with the ministry.